Publix Sprinkle Cookies Recipe
I buy nearly all of my meat and produce at Publix and it happens to be the closest grocery store to us. If I am running low or am out of something it is a mile down the road. I run in and grab what I need and then I’m outta there. Okay, okay I wish it was that easy but really my kids typically slow down those in and out trips.
Delilah needs a cookie (a sprinkle cookie of course) and she is in that stage where she thinks she should walk instead of ride in the cart which is always a constant battle. I probably look like a crazy person as she is flailing to get out and I am telling her through gritted teeth that she is staying in the cart.
Have I mentioned that I am not above bribery?
I tell her she can’t have a cookie if doesn’t sit down and half the time it works.
By the way – this is NOT a sponsored post although I can’t say enough good things about Publix. The employees are always so helpful and polite.
Back to the cookies. These cookies are SO easy and soft and addictive and oooppss I think I ate half the batch on my own. Shhhh!
These cookies are made in one bowl and don’t need to go in the refrigerator. Quick, less mess and did I mention soft chewy cookies? They are the easiest cookie I know how to make.
As quick as I make a batch my family makes them disappear.
Don’t these look like the real thing?
Publix Sprinkle Cookie Recipe
Copy Cat Publix Sprinkle Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter – softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 – 2 1/4 cups of flour
- more sugar to roll cookies in
- sprinkles ((optional))
- **parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees – yields 2-3 dozen cookies
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in egg and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in baking powder, salt, vanilla and 2 cups of flour. The mixture will seem to be very dry at first – you may need to use your hand to really mix it in and if it is too sticky add another 1/4 cup of flour.
- Roll dough into one inch circles, roll into sugar and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- If you would like to add sprinkles to your cookies press them down into a cup of sprinkles so just the tops will have them.
- Gently push and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them set on the cookie sheet for one minute before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
More Recipes from Poofy Cheeks…