This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PourMoreFun #CollectiveBias Kool-Aid Pie – have you heard of it? Well you have now! We love Kool-Aid in our house. You can drink it, cook with it and craft with it. What’s not to love? My kids like to help make desserts. They pull up chairs and stools and want to taste test more than anything. I let them stir and pour ingredients in as we make recipes. They are especially interested in helping when dessert is not only yummy but when it is also made with colorful Kool-Aid Easy Mix!
We recently whipped up some seriously easy and cute Kool-Aid Mini Pies. I made it the same way as I make my Key Lime pie but instead of lime juice and zest I added Kool-Aid Easy Mix. I topped each mini pie with whipping cream before serving and they were delicious.
Kool-Aid Mini Pie Recipe
These need to refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Yields 24 mini pies
- 9 honey graham crackers ((one sleeve) or 1 cup pre-crushed graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter – melted
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 4-6 tablespoons of Kool-Aid Easy Mix
- food coloring ((optional))
- Make crust according to THESE directions.
- Line a mini muffin tin with cupcake liners and spoon 1/2 a tablespoon of crust into each one. Use your fingers to push the crust down.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, food coloring and Kool-Aid Easy Mix until it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the crust and then cover. Pop the mini pies into the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
We found Kool-Aid Easy Mix in our Walmart down the drink mix//water//soda isle. It comes in Cherry, Tropical Punch and Grape flavor. They have in-store Kraft Kool-Aid Easy Mix Demos so check HERE to see if there is one near you!
Not only are these little pies yummy and addicting since you can just keep popping them in your mouth, but the Kool-Aid Easy Mix makes it easy to whip up a cup or large batch of Kool-Aid to sip on. Would you believe that Kool-Aid Easy Mix has 50% less sugar than most sodas? On top of that for the price you get way more for your money.
I party HERECheck out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks’s board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.