I worked at the Wyndham Ocean Walk Resort in Daytona Beach for almost five years and while I worked there I made a lot of friends and met people I still keep up with thanks to facebook and instagram. I worked at the front desk and someone was constantly bringing in some sort of sweet or baked good. Forget trying to diet while you worked there! One dessert that I will never forget is a pineapple upside down cake that Gina brought in. Not too long ago another one of our co-workers made a pineapple upside down cake and posted a picture on facebook. Pretty soon the comments were coming in about that unforgettable upside down cake that Gina brought in. Mind you Gina made her cake and brought it in YEARS ago! While I was in Publix the other day I saw a boxed pineapple cake mix and put it in my cart. When I got home I decided to try to recreate Gina’s upside down cake with a bundt cake pan. It turned out so delicious and moist. If Gina and I still worked at Wyndham I would challenge her to a bake off! Ingredients:
- 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 pineapple cake mix and ingredients it calls for (usually water, eggs, oil)
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter. Put it into the microwave for 15-20 seconds, remove and stir. Pour into the bottom of a greased bundt pan.
- Drain the pineapple juice from the tidbits and put it to the side (we are going to use the juice in the cake batter). Layer the pineapple pieces around the bundt pan.
- Mix the cake as directed on the box but use the reserved pineapple juice in place of part of the water. My cake mix called for 1 1/2 cups of water and I had 3/4 cups of pineapple juice, so I used 3/4 cups water and 3/4 cups pineapple juice.
- Pour the cake mix into the bundt pan and cook on 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
I party HERE