- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 (8 ounce) bottles of clam juice
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans of chopped clams in clam juice
- 2.8 ounce package of real bacon bits
- 2 stalks celery, , minced
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes - peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, , chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2-4 tablespoons flour, (the more you add the thicker your chowder)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a large pot melt butter and then add in bacon bits, onion, celery, garlic and half of the potatoes. Cook until onions are translucent stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour.
- Slowly add clam juice, bay leaf, thyme and remaining half of potatoes into the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cook for about 15 minutes until all potatoes are tender.
- Turn heat to a simmer and remove the bay leaf. Add in chopped clams and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Once soup is heated to the desired temperature and starts to thicken a bit remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g