I can still remember my mom making banana nut bread before school and we would wake up so excited because it was a change from the normal cereal or toast. The smell filled the house and when we were done she would wrap a slice for our lunch boxes. I don’t make it often but when I do I always hope it turns out as good as the bread my mom makes.
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer combine bananas, eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix. Stir in walnuts.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray and pour batter into the loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Allow the loaf to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
With the smell of banana bread making its way through the house I promise the loaf won’t last long.