If you know me well then you know I am a Target addict. My friends, my family and even people who follow me on social media know it to be true. Sadly when we moved last year, we moved to a town that doesn’t have a Target so almost every other day I drive to the next town over to get my fix. When I went on one of my visits last week I bought the Inside Out DVD and a few ingredients for cookies and that darn dollar spot gets me every time!
This cookie recipe is adapted from my sprinkle sugar cookie recipe. I added a few extra steps so that they would have all the colors of the Inside Out feeling characters (Joy, Disgust, Anger, Sadness and Fear). Find the full recipe below.
Tie Dye Cookie Recipe
Gather all of the ingredients and a mixer. Start by creaming the butter and sugar.
Add an egg and mix until incorporated.
Then add in the baking powder, salt and vanilla.
Add flour one cup at a time and stir until well mixed.
Separate the dough into 5 different bowls and use the red, blue, green, purple and yellow food coloring to color the dough the five different colors of the Inside Out characters.
Roll each color of dough between two pieces of parchment or wax paper and then layer them on top of one another. Roll the parchment paper with the five layers to make a spiral log. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until dough is hard enough to be sliced without loosing shape.
Slice the dough into pieces a little less than 1/2 an inch thick.
Put each slice into sugar and then flip before placing them onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Remove and place onto a wire rack to cool.
- 1 cup of butter - softened, 2 sticks
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 - 2 1/4 cups of flour
- more sugar to roll cookies in
- food coloring, red, green, yellow, blue, purple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees - yields 2-3 dozen cookies.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in egg and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in baking powder, salt, vanilla and flour one cup at a time.
- Separate dough into 5 bowls and add food coloring to each bowl - stir to mix.
- Use a rolling pin to roll each color dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Layer the dough and then roll into a log shape.
- Refrigerate dough for 15-20 minutes or until it can be sliced without loosing shape.
- Slice dough into 1/2 inch slices and coat each side in sugar.
- Line cookies on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g