Growing up my mom made a big homemade breakfast on Saturday or Sunday morning. It would be pancakes, eggs with toast and bacon, Belgium waffles with strawberries and whip cream or her take on the Bob Evan’s breakfast skillet. I try to do the same thing for my family on my husband’s days off. My husband is in law enforcement and most days he rushes out the door without breakfast and then stops at McDonalds for a quick bite to eat. One thing he knows is that McDonalds doesn’t have anything on my homemade version of their bacon egg cheese muffin! Sure the McDonalds version is good for when are on the go and don’t have much time, but when you have a few minutes to spare homemade is by far better! The taste alone (not to mention the freshness of the ingredients) makes my version the star of the show. To make the homemade version you will need a frying pan, toaster and the following ingredients:
- English Muffins
- Extra Sharp Cheddar or whatever cheese you prefer.
- In a frying pan fry up your bacon. When it is finished remove it to a paper towel lined plate.
- While your bacon is frying toast the english muffin and butter it as soon as it is finished and set aside.
- Use the pan you fried the bacon in to fry the eggs but first pour out most of the grease. Leave about a teaspoon.
- Once the egg is finished layer the bacon egg and cheese onto the buttered muffin and bite into your breakfast sandwich.
I party HERE
Thursday 11th of July 2013
yum! You had me at bacon!
Wednesday 10th of July 2013
Holy smokes, YUMMM! That looks so good and easy, which is important because my cooking usually doesn't turn out so well if I try anything slightly complicated. This is definitely something I must try. Thank You!!!