If you are craving a super soft sugar cookie I am sharing my favorite recipe today. This sugar cookie dough whips up in about ten minutes and they make the perfect treat when you don’t want to spend time waiting for dough to refrigerate or rolling it out and cutting shapes. Unless we are doing Christmas shaped cookies this is my go-to recipe!
Since both of my boys needed a treat to take to their class for Valentine’s Day and I was slacking I decided to make a few batches of these and sprinkle some festive sprinkles on top!
No Refrigerate Soft Sugar Cookies
No-Refrigerate Soft Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- spinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees – yields 2-3 dozen cookies
- In a large bowl, use mixer to cream together butter and sugar
- Add in egg and mix until incorporated
- Stir in baking powder, salt, vanilla and 2 cups of flour. The mixture will seem to be very dry at first – you may need to use your hand to really mix it in and if it is too sticky add another 1/4 cup of flour
- Roll dough into one inch circles, roll into sugar and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- If you would like to add sprinkles to your cookies press them down into a cup of sprinkles so just the tops will have them.
- Gently pat the cookies down and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for one minute before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Sunday 16th of November 2014
Just tried to make these. I've added an extra 1/2 cup of flour and they're still too sticky to handle... super disappointed.
Thursday 20th of February 2014
These look good and as a very impatient person (especially when it comes to wanting to eat treats) I love the no refrigeration part :) Off to pin!
Thursday 13th of February 2014
These look delicious! I love sugar cookies and have tried a gazillion recipes. Would love to try these too. I don't much like rolling them out, so these are more my style. Pinning!