Over the weekend our youngest turned ONE! Where does the time go!? Instead of serving a traditional cake at his party, I decided to go with an Oreo Ice Cream Cake that my mom used to make for some of my summer birthdays as a little girl. The cake was a huge hit and in the end there wasn’t even one crumb left in the pan.
The cake is made with layers of crushed Oreo cookies, Oreo ice-cream, chocolate syrup, whipped topping and then more crushed Oreos. The cake is simply irresistible, no-bake and comes together in under 10 minutes (not counting the time it needs to be in the freezer before serving).
Can we talk about this man again for a second? We bought Emmett a traditional smash cake and this boy wasted no time tearing into it. Literally TEARING into it and putting fists full of cake straight to his mouth. Of course he takes after his me in the cake department because I never met a cake I didn’t like.
- (1) Pack of Oreo cookies
- (1) half gallon of Oreo ice-cream
- Chocolate syrup
- (1) tub of whipped topping
- Line a 9x13 pan with wax or parchment paper and pull out the ice-cream to allow it to soften on the counter for about 5 minutes
- Crush the entire pack of Oreo cookies. I use a plastic storage bag and rolling pin to crush mine.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the crushed Oreo cookies into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the softened ice-cream over top of the crushed cookies with a knife or spatula.
- Squeeze chocolate syrup over the ice-cream in a zig-zag pattern.
- Use a spatula to spread the tub of whipped topping over the chocolate syrup layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookies over top, cover the cake and put it in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight and when you take it out it is ready to serve!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Did I mention that this ice-cream cake can be made for a fraction of the cost of purchasing one?! You know me – all about saving money where I can.
What is your favorite summer dessert?
Checkout 15 No Bake Desserts for Summer