Homemade Kahlua Tiramisu Recipe
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 7- ounce packages of Italian Lady Fingers
- 1 8- ounce package of Marscapone Cheese
- 1 8- ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 8- ounce tub of whipped topping
- 1 cup of Kahlua ((I used my homemade Kahlua but you could also use store bought or substitute for cold espresso.))
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and whip yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Place egg yolks into a mixing bowl with Mascarpone and cream cheese, beat until combined.
- Gently fold in half of the whipped topping and set mixture aside. Return the other half of the whipped topping to the refrigerator for another use.
- Pour Kahlua into a shallow bowl and dip the lady fingers into it just long enough to get them wet. (Do NOT soak them!)
- Place the lady fingers across the bottom of a 9×9 inch baking dish and then spoon half of the egg yolk mixture over top.
- Repeat another layer of the lady fingers and then the remaining cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
(I used Amazon affiliate links to link to some of the items I used while making my Tiramisu incase you need a visual.)
Drooling yet? I promise this recipe is a definite keeper!
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks’s board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.