I am officially declaring this week BACON WEEK! On Monday I shared a recipe for bacon cracker toffee which was a mix of sweet and savory but today I am sharing the all-time favorite bacon dish from our bacon showdown. I mentioned that a few months ago we were planning to head to a local bacon fest but the first day of the festival they ran out of food halfway through so we decided to create our own bacon fest at home. My husband came up with and made cheesy bacon stuffed sweet peppers. They are a twist on the baked jalapeno poppers we make and love!
Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Sweet Peppers Recipe:
- 12 ounce package of mini sweet peppers (about 7-8 peppers)
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound of bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or triple cheddar, or colby jack, or whatever floats your boat)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off the top and remove seeds from the peppers, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder and use your hand to crumble the bacon. Mix with a fork or large spoon.
- Spoon the cheese and bacon mixture into the peppers and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Leave a bit of room at the top of the pepper or the cheese will puff up and run out as they cook.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are soft.
These little mini peppers were a crowd pleaser. I made bacon rating cards to pass out and these received 5-stars by almost everyone! Of course my husband’s head grew five times bigger and he is still talking about his famous bacon peppers to this day.
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks’s board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.
Thursday 10th of July 2014
I love sweet peppers but hadn't thought about stuffing them. These look yummy!