Lately my kids have been asking a lot of questions about the Easter bunny. When is he coming – what does he eat – how does he carry all of the Easter baskets? You know – the questions that put you on the spot. All the bunny talk has made me think of quite a few bunny recipes and crafts.
I thought up bunny munch which is a twist on the traditional puppy chow with the addition of chopped hazelnuts and orange Reese’s pieces. Puppy chow (also known as muddie buddies) are a hit around here so I knew bunny munch would be too.
Bunny Munch Snack Recipe Printable
I shared a free printable Bunny Munch tag so you can make the bunny munch and gift it as a snack around Easter. Print the PDF onto cardstock, use a hole punch to create the tag and tie it with string or ribbon.
- 9 cups of rice chex cereal
- 1 cup sewmisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Reese’s pieces
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Cook for one minute, remove to stir and continue to cook for 30 second intervals stirring in between until the mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Place cereal in a large plastic container with a lid. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, put the lid on and shake to coat. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar, cover and shake again. Add the last cup of powdered sugar and repeat.
- Pour the cereal mixture out onto wax paper to to cool. Once cooled place snack mix into a clean resealable container and mix in hazelnuts and Reese’s pieces.
*For fun snacks to gift, place mix in mason jars with Bunny Munch tag printables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 8g