I made this Keeping Spirits Bright HTV wine bag using supplies from the Poofy Cheeks Beginner Bundle sold by Happy Crafters. The box launched about a month ago and I’ve already used the heat transfer vinyls inside for a handful of projects. I used the flocked HTV to make a Pete the Cat shirt for my son’s teacher as her Christmas gift. I’ve been working on a New Year’s Eve shirt using the sparkle HTV from the bundle. I used the metallic pearlescent vinyl and blank wine bag included in the box for this project.
I have quite a few wine drinking friends and honestly I am always up for a glass of sweet Moscato. Real wine drinkers will argue dessert wines aren’t really wine and to that I say I don’t care. It tastes good and that is all that matters to me! LOL
Supplies Needed for HTV Wine Bag-
- Cricut or Silhouette Machine
- Sheet of heat transfer vinyl from the Poofy Cheeks Bundle
- Wine bag
- Home iron, Cricut easy press or heat press
- Free cut file (found at the bottom of the post)
- Weeding hook
Directions for HTV Wine Bag-
- Download and open the free cut file (found at the bottom of the post) in your cutting machine software. Silhouette users open the .DXF and Cricut users download the .SVG
- Flip the design so the text is backwards and cut out onto heat transfer vinyl.
- Weed the design
- Apply the design to the blank wine bag using home iron, heat press or Cricut easy press according to heat settings specified by HTV specifications.
All of the step by step photos and tips are below. If this is your first time using HTV read my tips, tricks and application instructions for heat transfer vinyl.
Some people think they are supposed to cut through the vinyl and carrier paper. That is wrong. The clear sticky carrier paper is used to keep all of the parts and pieces of your design in place. You want to cut deep enough to get through the HTV but not all the way through the carrier paper.
I press HTV at 350 degrees for 20 seconds in my heat press and it always comes out perfect.
Due to the texture of the felt wine bag it does give the vinyl a bit of texture too. You can really see the metallic pearlescent sheen of this HTV which I love.
Gift giving a handmade or DIY gift really doesn’t get much easier than that!
And here is what you have all been waiting for – the free cut files. Enter your name and email below and the cut file will be instantly sent to your inbox. If you don’t see anything check that pesky junk folder.