Football flag with heat transfer vinyl.
Hey there ladies and gents. Newsflash it’s football season. If you have a husband fully invested in football or kids out on the field I’m sure you are fully aware. I have a heat transfer vinyl project idea for you today using a football yard flag blank and your Silhouette or Cricut machine.
To make the flag exactly the way I have you will need to download the football cut file from ETSY. You will also need to download the free font KG Inimitable. If you are unsure how to download a font I have instructions for downloading free fonts.
Football Flag with Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Football flag blank
- Gold HTV
- Football cut file
- Cricut or Silhouette cutting machine with cutting mat
- KG Inimitable Font
- Heat press, Cricut Easy Press or home iron.
Instructions for Heat Transfer Vinyl Flag
- Gather all the supplies you need to create the HTV yard flag.
- Open the cut file in Silhouette Studio or Cricut Design Space. The cut file I used comes saying ‘football mom’ so I removed the ‘mom’ part and then used the font KG Inimitable to add ‘season’.
- Cut your gold HTV and weed the design.
- Use scissors to cut the HTV and place the football at the top with the word season at the bottom.
- Use a heat press, easy press or home iron to apply the HTV to the flag.
Football Cut File
You all know I’m usually sharing my own cut files here on the blog. However I also purchase my fair share of cut files. Making cut files is time consuming so when I’m in a pinch or find a design I love I purchase ETSY for cut files. We are so lucky to be in a time where it is easy to instantly share and purchase designs over the internet. I used the same football mom cut file I used for this flag to create shirts I sold to some football moms too. Cute, right?
If you are loving the football garden flag blank My Vinyl Direct has a handful of other football blanks you are going to love. One thing that has been a huge hit with my customers are their football sandals and tote bags. The football sandals may not be as practical for those of you getting snow and cold weather but here in Florida we wear sandals year round. LOL.