Happy First Day of Spring! The colors, the weather, the sun and the flowers make me fall in love with Spring all over again year after year. I wanted to bring the colors, flowers and happiness inside too so I made a festive spring flower garland to hang up indoors. I dug through my supplies and found some cute wooden die cut flowers and mini green clothespins I received from Pick Your Plum a few years ago and knew they would be perfect! Since we are trying to stick to a strict budget these days I am working on using supplies I already have on hand.
How to Make a Spring Flower Garland:
- Die cut wooden flowers (Pick Your Plum)
- Acrylic paint (use your favorite spring colors!)
- Foam Brush
- Sand Paper
- Rubber cement or glue gun
- Mini clothespins (you can find unpainted mini clothespins at Michaels or Walmart)
- Use a foam brush to paint the wooden flowers.
- Once they have dried use a piece of sand paper to roughen up the edges and add a little character.
- Use rubber cement or a glue gun to apply a button to the middle of each flower.
- Use mini clothespins and twine to transform the flowers into a cute garland!
How easy is that!?
I party HERE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Kelly @ Sew With Kelly
Monday 24th of March 2014
Darling! I totally want to do this with felt!