Last weekend we had some friends who came all the way from North Carolina to help us out while Delilah was in the hospital. Saturday night when we got to bring her home we went to my parents house where everyone had prepared an awesome dinner. (Especially awesome when the only thing you have eaten for the past five days is hospital food!) Our friend Shauna made an especially amazing dessert – Banana Split Pie. I had seconds and took a piece to go which I then ate for breakfast the next morning. Even my husband said we needed to get the recipe and he isn’t a big desserts guy. This dessert is great for warmer months and is SO yummy! Ingredients:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese – softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons of milk
- graham cracker crust
- 1/2 tub of thawed cool whip
- 2 bananas
- 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple – drained
- cherries and nuts to garnish
- Slice the bananas and layer into the crust.
- Mix the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar beating until smooth. Spread over the bananas.
- Then layer the pineapple and cool whip.
- Garnish with cherries and nuts and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
I party HERE