Have you seen my Fall Mantle for this year? I used my scrabble letters SVG and painted wooden blocks. Full tutorial and the cut file freebie are below.
I share my cut files as DXF files for Silhouette Cameo users, SVG for Cricut and GlowForge users and PNG to use as a clipart or for sublimation.
Love this file? Pin the Image Below!
Scrabble Letters SVG Use
Can I sell items I make using these cut files?
Yes, the cut file is for personal and small business commercial use. You may NOT sell the digital files themselves but you may sell items you create using the cut file designs. Please tag us with your creations on IG (@poofycheeksblog) and we may share on our own feed!
**You may not use this design for print on demand sites such as Amazon, Café Press, Zazzle, Printify etc.
What files are included in the download?
Each download includes one zip folder with a DXF, PNG and SVG of the cut file design.
- DXF files can be opened in Silhouette Studio and cut with a Silhouette Cameo.
- SVG files can be opened in Cricut Design Space and cut with a Cricut machine or a CNC machine.
- PNG files can be used with either software using the trace feature if you are having issues with the DXF or SVG files. PNG files are also perfect for sublimation.
How to Open the Free Cut Files
I wrote a post about how to open cut files in Silhoutte Studio and Cricut Design Space.
Wooden Scrabble Letter Blocks
- 2x4 board (cut into square pieces)
- Free Scrabble Letters Cut File
- Oracal 631 Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Acrylic Paint (block color and letter color)
- Paint Brush or Foam Brush
- 220 grit sand paper
- Lightly sand the edges and corners of your wood blocks.
- Paint your blocks using light coats of acrylic paint. Allow to dry to the touch before applying a second or third coat of paint (if needed).
- Optional: Sand the blocks after the paint is completely dry to give them a weathered look.
- Use a cutting machine to cut out the scrabble letters you want to use for your blocks using Oracal 631. Size the design to be a little bit smaller than your wooden block.
- Once you have cut and weeded the vinyl, use transfer tape to apply the letter square onto the block and lightly apply a coat of paint for the letter using the vinyl as a stencil.
- When the letter paint is dry gently remove the vinyl by pulling at a 45 degree angle.
*Home Depot or Lowes will usually cut your 2x4 into blocks for you at no additional cost.
Download the Scrabble Letters SVG
Enter your email and name below and the download will start right away.
Friday 9th of September 2022
thank you for sharing these wonderful files
Tuesday 6th of September 2022
Monday 5th of September 2022