I’m teaming up with some of my amazingly talented blogging friends to bring you 20 birthday cut files. This came at the perfect time because in October I celebrate Poofy Cheeks. We are celebrating 12 years this October and what better way than to celebrate with a free happy birthday cake topper SVG!?
Happy Birthday Cut File FAQs
What can I make with this cut file?
This file was intended to be used for a layered cardstock banner, but you can use the file in any way you choose.
I have put together a list of adhesive and iron-on blanks and 35 ways to use adhesive vinyl to give you more ideas.
Can I sell items I make using these cut files?
Yes, the cut file is for personal and small business commercial use. You may NOT sell the digital files themselves but you may sell items you create using the cut file designs. Please tag us with your creations on IG (@poofycheeksblog) and we may share on our own feed!
**You may not use this design for print on demand sites such as Amazon, Café Press, Zazzle, Printify etc.
Do I have to enter my name and email each time I want to download a new cut file?
Yes. The form tracks cut file popularity and how many times cut files are downloaded.
- Foam Glue Dots
- Coffee Stir Sticks
- Paper Adhesive
- Start by gathering your supplies and downloading the free birthday cake topper cut file below.
- Open the happy birthday cut file inside of your cutting machine software (Design Space or Silhouette Studio)
- Select the entire design and resize to the desired cake topper size
- Duplicate the pink and gray background pieces as well as the 'happy birtbday' letters so we can layer them.
- Start cutting the peices based on color and material. I used 80# cardstock for most of the paper. I also used a sheet of Cricut Sticker Cardstock and glitter cardstock.
- Once all of the pieces are cut out start by sandwiching the coffee stir sticks between the two pink pieces of paper and adhering with glue
- Layer the yellow background piece slightly off center with foam dots. Keep layering per the video until you have a completed cake topper.
Switch out the colors to create a custom cardstock layered cake topper.
What files are included in the download?
Each download includes one zip folder with a DXF, PNG and SVG of the cut file design.
- DXF files can be opened in Silhouette Studio and cut with a Silhouette Cameo.
- SVG files can be opened in Cricut Design Space and cut with a Cricut machine or a CNC machine.
- PNG files can be used with either software using the trace feature if you are having issues with the DXF or SVG files.
How to Open the Free Cut Files
I wrote a post about how to open cut files in Silhoutte Studio and Cricut Design Space.
Download the Happy Birthday Cut File
Enter your email and name below and the download will start right away.