Here are a few things I learned when I had a girl:
- There are a MILLION shades of pink
- Girls have a lot of accessories like bloomers, socks, tights, leg warmers, headbands and SHOES.
- You can’t always find accessories to match outfits so you should just make them yourself!
Delilah has a whole box full of headbands and bows but there are times when I still don’t have anything to match her outfit. Since I sell headbands in my shop I am usually lucky enough to come up with something but not everyone has that luxury. I am going to tell you where to buy the supplies and how to make your own stretchy headbands. I found decorative trim (pictured above) at Hobby Lobby with their ribbon in the fabric section. It is stretchy, frilly and looks so cute as a stretchy band. They have it in lots of different colors. Don’t forget to take a coupon or use the coupon from their free mobile app. (Usually 40% off) The flower is from Michael’s. I found this one on clearance for $.50 so scout the isle end caps to see what you can come up with. If you don’t see any cute things on clearance they have a bunch of Jolee brand premade fabric flowers. Again remember to bring your coupon from their sale flyer or from their free mobile app. (Usually 40% off) Sometimes you can even find the shabby chiffon flowers on daily deal sites like Very Jane, Pick Your Plum, and GroopDealz. To make your headband you will need:
- Fabric flower(s)
- Stretchy trim
- Measuring tape
- Hot glue gun
- Sheet of felt (in cream or coordinating color)
- Cut a 1-2 inch sized circle out from your sheet of felt
- Cut a piece of trim to the length that you need. I cut mine to 14 inches for my five month old, but for the best fit loosely wrap it around the head of the girl who will be wearing it and subtract an inch.
- Using a hot glue gun glue the edges of the trim to the back of the flower.
- Hot glue the circle of felt over the raw edges of trim to secure them. Allow the headband to dry completely before wear.
I party HERE
Acrylic Solid Surface Blog
Saturday 25th of August 2018
Basic Stretchy Headband By Sparkle Fuzz Burnt
[...] nth old, but for the best fit loosely wrap it around the head of the girl who wi [...]
Inspire Me Heather
Saturday 4th of May 2013
That headband is adorable - so sweet!
Friday 3rd of May 2013
Looks great!! Lucky little girl of yours!