- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 7- ounce packages of Italian Lady Fingers
- 1 8- ounce package of Marscapone Cheese
- 1 8- ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 8- ounce tub of whipped topping
- 1 cup of Kahlua (I used my homemade Kahlua but you could also use store bought or substitute for cold espresso.)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and whip yolks until thick and lemon colored.
Place egg yolks into a mixing bowl with Mascarpone and cream cheese, beat until combined.
Gently fold in half of the whipped topping and set mixture aside. Return the other half of the whipped topping to the refrigerator for another use.
Pour Kahlua into a shallow bowl and dip the lady fingers into it just long enough to get them wet. (Do NOT soak them!)
Place the lady fingers across the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish and then spoon half of the egg yolk mixture over top.
Repeat another layer of the lady fingers and then the remaining cream mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
(I used Amazon affiliate links to link to some of the items I used while making my Tiramisu incase you need a visual.)
Drooling yet? I promise this recipe is a definite keeper!
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks’s board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.