We don’t have a fire pit or a charcoal grill so we made terracotta pot fires to heat the marshmallows. I shoved aluminum foil around the inside of each pot and added a few charcoal bricks. I sprayed a bit of lighter fluid over the charcoals and lit them with a long lighter. At first I was skeptical but they actually worked great. I put chalkboard labels onto the pots and wrote ‘hot’ to match the printables I created.
I set up a table with saw horses and a salvaged pallet top then decorated it with an old frame that had black poster board with chalk writing. I secured wrapping paper around the edges of the ‘table’ with tape and then set out all the necessary S’mores ingredients. You can’t have S’mores without Hershey’s chocolate bars, Jet-Puffed Marshmallows and Honey Maid graham crackers! I picked up all of the party supplies and S’mores ingredients at our local Walmart. At Walmart they also had the square graham crackers which made things nice and easy. We had the gathering later in the evening so everyone had eaten dinner before arriving. I like to keep things budget friendly and I couldn’t see spending a bunch of money serving a meal so a S’more bar was the perfect solution!
When I made free printables to incorporate a celebration and campfire S’more feel. To get the free printables scroll to the bottom of the post!
To wash down the S’mores I had sprinkle rimmed milk shooters ready on a little table next to the S’mores bar.
Call me crazy but my favorite marshmallow is one that is very well done. I’m talking burnt like a crisp. Mmmm! I cooked my marshmallow just the way I like them and then made a birthday S’more.
Birthday S’more Recipe
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- Hershey’s Chocolate Spread
- Jet-Puffed Marshmallow – warmed over a flame
- Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Spread chocolate spread onto one graham cracker square and add sprinkles (especially if it is YOUR celebration).
- On another graham cracker square layer a few pieces from a Hershey’s chocolate bar and a toasted marshmallow.
- Turn the square with spread over and smash the two halves together to make the ultimate Birthday S’more!
Birthday S’Mores Bar Printables
Have you celebrated with S’mores this summer? Why not make S’mores tonight!?