I have a super easy DIY for grapefruit sugar scrub cubes to share. This scrub would make the perfect gift for Mother’s Day, an expecting mom or a party favor! The best part about this scrub is that you don’t need any special fragrance oils or colorants – everything for this recipe can be purchased at a craft and grocery store.
Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Cube Instructions-
- 1 pound melt and pour soap – I used white melt and pour
- Juice from half a grapefruit – strained to remove pulp
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 20 drops of grapefruit fragrance oil (optional)
Other Supplies Needed:
- Microwave safe bowl
- Sandwich size plastic container
- Cut the melt and pour soap into squares (about 2×2 inches) and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave according to package directions, until completely melted.
- Once the soap base is melted you need to work quickly to stir in the olive oil, grapefruit juice and fragrance oil.
- Then quickly mix in sugar until incorporated and pour into sandwich size container to set. The soap will start to set when you add the sugar so that is why it is super important to work fast.
- Once the soap has set (about 1-2 hours depending on how thick it is) remove from the container and use a knife to cut the brick into cubes.
**I suggest washing out the microwave safe container as soon as possible. Once the soap starts to set it can be a bit difficult to get it all off of the container.
After I made the soap and was letting it set, my son walked through the kitchen twice asking ‘Mom what is that smell!?’ He was pretty sad when I told him it was soap instead of food.
I love these little cubes because they do a great job at exfoliating or getting off the pesky beach sand (yes, sadly that is a problem we Floridians sometimes have). Since these cubes are meant to help exfoliate I recommend only using them once per week.
Monday 1st of February 2016
could you use lemon instead of grapefruit? I'm not a big fan of grapefruit