Warm weather is here which means burgers on the grill! Of course the obvious side dish is french fries, but I have fond memories of my mom making broccoli slaw throughout the summer months. After a hot day a cool and light dish was just what we needed.
Call my kids weird, but they both LOVE broccoli, so this seemed like the perfect side dish tonight.
- 1 Bag of Broccoli slaw (found near the packaged salad mixes in the produce isle)
- 1 Package of Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP of sugar
- 2 TBSP of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- Pour the broccoli slaw mix into a large bowl.
- While ramen noodles are in the package use your fist to crush them up. Open and pour into the broccoli slaw mix. Then add sunflower seeds. Store in the refrigerator.
- In another small bowl mix sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, and chicken flavor pack from ramen noodles with a wisk.
- Pour over the slaw 15 minutes before you serve and toss. You don’t want to let it sit too long or the ramen noodles get soggy and loose their crunch. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve and give it one last mix.
The slaw was perfectly paired with the delicious burger recipe I found HERE from Pinterest!
I’m linking up over at Tidy Mom – Come join The Salad Social at TidyMom sponsored by The International Olive Council’s Add Some Life