There are just some ingredients I have to use or some things I make from scratch when I cook because I think they make all the difference! I remember growing up and my mom always used Imperial margarine instead of butter in her cooking. When I grew up and started cooking with butter it was a life changer – let’s just say I will never make a batch of rice krispies with anything other than butter again! One thing I like to make from scratch rather than buy store bought are graham cracker crusts for my pies. I’m not sure what it is about a homemade crust versus the store bought but they just don’t compare. Unless I’m in a serious time crunch you won’t find store bought crusts around my pantry! Today I am sharing my easy homemade graham cracker pie crust recipe.
Homemade Graham Cracker Pie Crust:
- 9 honey graham crackers (one sleeve)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter – melted
- Place graham crackers in a plastic sandwich bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- In a medium bowl combine and mix crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter using a fork. Pour mixture into your pie dish and use your fingers to spread and press the crust evenly into the dish and up the sides.
- For a hot pie bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes – remove and add filling.
- For a no-bake pie refrigerate for 20 minutes – remove and add filling.
**I use honey grahams for most pies but you could use cinnamon or chocolate graham crackers depending on the type of pie you are making!
I party HERE
Check out the Poofy Cheeks Blog Pinterest Board for other craft and recipe ideas!
Follow Poofy Cheeks’s board Poofy Cheeks Blog on Pinterest.