Lately my kids have been asking a lot of questions about the Easter bunny. When is he coming – what does he eat – how does he carry all of the Easter baskets? You know – the questions you have to quickly think of answers to and they don’t ever forget the answers so you have to be extra careful how you DO answer. All the bunny talk has made me think of quite a few bunny recipes and crafts. I thought up bunny munch which is a twist on the traditional puppy chow with the addition of chopped hazelnuts and orange Reese’s pieces the other night.
- 9 cups of rice chex cereal
- 1 cup sewmisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup Reese’s pieces
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Cook for one minute, remove to stir and continue to cook for 30 second intervals stirring in between until the mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Place cereal in a large plastic container with a lid. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, put the lid on and shake to coat. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar, cover and shake again. Add the last cup of powdered sugar and repeat.
- Pour the cereal mixture out onto wax paper to to cool. Once cooled place cereal into a clean resealable container and mix in hazelnuts and Reese’s pieces.
Stop back by tomorrow and I will be sharing free bunny munch printables to go along with this fun and festive cereal snack!
I party HERE