I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. Over the long weekend we spent a lot of time with family and ate a LOT of good food! On Sunday my husband’s mom, sister and our niece came over to spend the day with us and I made a mouth-watering crock-pot fajita casserole! Everyone loved it and the meal prep was a breeze. When trying to think of something to make for dinner I knew this: we were going to be in and out of the house, we were eating lunch out and I didn’t want to be stuck in the kitchen while everyone else was visiting in the living room. I immediately knew I was going to make something in my crock-pot for dinner because that is my go-to. When I don’t feel like cooking or know we have plans in the evening I just whip up something and through it in. I put the chicken in the crock pot Sunday morning before our company arrived and after they arrived we left for a while in the afternoon. When we returned home the smell from the crock pot was amazing. My mother and sister-in-law wanted to know what I used to season the chicken and when I showed them my secret, the Kraft Recipe Makers package, they were completely surprised! It took me less than thirty minutes to get dinner from the crock pot to the table. We ate on paper plates and that made clean-up a breeze too! Don’t you love a quick, easy mess free, HOME COOKED meal? I know I sure do! Seriously do you see all that yummy goodness layered into the dish? I LOVE Mexican and tex-mex food so after one bite (to make sure it tasted as good as it looks!) this meal was a keeper in my book. There were two pieces leftover and at the end of the night I through them out since we aren’t big on leftovers. Later my husband asked me where they were because he was craving more — ooops! I purchased all of the ingredients I needed on a quick trip to Walmart. I can’t wait to try the other Kraft Recipe Makers to put together more quick meals for my family. Crock Pot Fajita Casserole Recipe: Ingredients:
- Kraft Tex-Mex Chicken Fajita Recipe Maker
- 2 lbs. bonesless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced medium onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite fajita toppings – we used lettuce, sour cream and extra cheese!.
- Place chicken breasts and the zesty lime fajita sauce (from the Kraft Recipe Makers box) in a crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. When it is finished break apart with two forks.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to eat turn the oven on to 350 degrees. Sauté green pepper and onion in olive oil.
- Grease a 13×9 baking dish and layer flour tortillas across the bottom. Layer in the chicken and sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese. Put another layer of flour tortillas over top and then layer the sautéed peppers and onion, the other 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and half of the packet of chipotle and tomato salsa.
- Pop the fajita casserole into the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey. Pull it out, cut and serve with your favorite toppings!
I party HERE