I have been trying to think of ways to spice up lunches around here! With my husband working night shift right now, he wakes up just in time to eat lunch and neither of us are big fans of sandwiches. We have spent quite a bit of money eating out, and many times we eat fast food. Since his diverticulitis diagnosis, we have decided to make an effort to eat better. My husband really likes wraps, so I brainstormed up a Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap that we can eat here for lunch or can easily be backed for his midnight snack. I cut them up into bite sized pieces and the kids loved them too. (They are not good with wraps, everything just falls out the bottom!) Ingredients:
- Wrap (I used a garlic pesto flavor, but you could use whatever you want)
- Ranch dressing powder packet
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Spoonful of sour cream
- Bacon – cooked
- Chicken (I used deli sliced chicken)
- Romaine Lettuce
- Tomato (optional, I didn’t use one because I don’t like raw tomatoes)
- Mix ranch packet, cream cheese, and sour cream together in a bowl.
- Spread the ranch and cream cheese mixture all over the wrap.
- Layer bacon, chicken, and romaine on one half of the wrap and roll er’ up.
- If you want to make them into bite sized pieces roll tightly and then slice.
These would make the perfect school lunch! I don’t know about you, but my mom used to pack me a sandwich EVERY-SINGLE-DAY and by the end of the school year I would sneak it past the lunch ladies and into the trash EVERY-SINGLE-DAY! I vowed to mix it up for my kids, so I got one year to practice and brainstorm sandwich alternatives. Enjoy,